FOR SALE: 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62
This Colorado FJ62 needs some work, but is still mostly original and is priced to move.
- 200+ photos below, view/download high res photos here (part 1) and here (part 2)
- 205.000 miles
- VIN: JT3FJ62G0K1108348
- Clean Colorado Title
- Located in Monument, Colorado (just north of Colorado Springs)
- To inquire about this Land Cruiser call or text Chris at (970) 227-9494 or use the webform below to email Chris. If you cannot see the webform, you can use the simple web form here.
- 205,000 miles on original motor, which is in good running order
- 35 x 12.5 x r15 tires with about 25% treadlife
- Original dash is not cracked and in very good shape
- On board air compressor (hooked up to air conditioning system, press the A/C button in the cab to operate)
- Original upholstery
- New tail pipe
- Body is in pretty good condition, all things considered. It does have the rhino liner around the bottom, but underneath seems to be pretty solid with the exception of a couple spots.
- Larger tires were added about 10 months ago. Prior to that the stock tires were on it for the majority of its life.
- Transmission is missing 1st gear. Drove it from Denver to Colorado Springs (60 miles) by shifting to “1”, which starts it in second gear, then shifting to “D” at about 25mph. The A/T Oil Temp light came on towards the end of the trip. It will need a used transmission (one available from Red Line) or you can do a 5 speed transmission swap.
- Interior is a 5/10 with the exception of the dash, which is a 9/10. It would be a 10/10 if it weren’t for the small little piece by the speaker box. Front carpet is original and in good shape. Mid carpet section has been replaced and looks pretty good. Rear cargo carpet is pretty soiled. Seats are dirty and really not too bad, less the driver’s bottom seat. Headliner is in good shape. The interior could be made to be pretty nice again with a bit of work and some good used parts.
- Rear cargo windows are not glass. Someone replaced them with plexiglass. Didn’t realize this until I went to wash the car and dry the car off.
- Missing front bumper (looks like a tow bar was hooked up at one point)
- Rear bumper and drivers rear panel dented
- Brakes a bit soft…but it could just be because of those bigger tires
- Some rust here and there, but nothing major
- One of the shocks is broken off
- It has a spring over lift, but it’s nothing great and it really needs to be redone properly or converted back to the original suspension set up
Asking Price was $8,200 (as of 9/12/14)
Classic, rugged, reliable, all original 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 for sale. Low miles 120690. Runs and drives great. Equipped as follows: 6 cylinder, automatic transmission w/4×4, fuel-injected, AM/FM radio and cassette, tinted glass, rear window defroster and wiper, front and back A/C (needs charged), and 4 new tires. It has power brakes, steering, locks, windows and mirrors. Only one owner and purchased new from Toyota dealership in Colorado Springs, Colorado. All regular maintenance done by Toyota dealership and oil changed every 2,000 miles. This SUV has been pampered, never been in a wreck, and has great original interior. SUV has incredible cargo storage capacity (twin mattress, bikes, furniture, luggage, camping equipment, etc). Awesome visibility while driving and fantastic in snow and mud. Great resale value.
TO APPLY: Please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
Are you looking for a job with a reputable Toyota Land Cruiser repair shop in Colorado Springs, Colorado? Are you passionate about 4×4’s, Toyotas, Land Cruisers, or automotive repair?
Red Line Land Cruisers of Colorado Springs is looking for an experienced Toyota Technician to join our growing team of mechanics, welders, fabricators, and Toyota Land Cruiser experts. 30-40 hours of work per week.
- Must be passionate about Toyota’s, especially vintage Toyota Land Cruisers
- Must have at least 2-3 years experience working on Toyotas
- Welding experience a plus
- If you have your own tools, that’s a plus, too
TO APPLY – please fill out this form. If you’re on a mobile device, or can’t see the form, use the simple form here.
Dubed Project “Cobb’s Pig” is a 1978 Resto Mod Toyota Landcruiser that is in the process of getting “Red Line Resto Modded”. This little FJ-55 was in died need of some TLC. We have used 3 FJ-55’s to get this Pig in a final Resto quality stage. As most cruiser heads know the 1978 and 1979 FJ-55’s are very hard to find. Red Line Performed A 350 H.P. 5.3L LS series V8 mated to a 4L60E, Conversion. The Toyota 4 speed transfer case was stripped down bead blasted and clear coated before we rebuilt the unit! Red line is keeping open Diff’s and 4:10 gears in the axles. All components including the frame, axles and other items have been powder coated for longevity! All new window gaskets and weatherstripping has been installed for the doors, tailgate and windows.
For the interior we line-x’d the underside and inside of the cab for extra rust and noise protection. On top of the Line-x we installed Dynamat extreme. This ensures a better noise reduction inside during operation, not only did the floor get this treatment, but we installed dynamite extreme inside all the doors, tailgate, firewall, rear 1/4 panels and even the roof! She is sure to be nice and quiet! A new headliner, custom carpet, custom door panels and refurbished factory bench seats will keep this FJ55 Resto Mod in an original feel!
For the heat and A/C conversion we used a unit we have not tried yet. So far we think its perfect for the FJ-55 series. It tucked really nice into the inner firewall are under the glove box. We then used electric controls set into a custom vent panel we crafted to keep an original feel inside, both visual and functional! So far Red Line has refurbished all the gauges, and dash components to a factory setting as well as a very rare FJ-55 AM TEN dealer installed Radio!
For the exterior we chose Factory Cygnus white and Sky Blue for the paint. We know the white is supposed to be Lilly White, but we just can’t help ourselves with the classy Cygnus White.
The wheels are Factory OEM Disc brake wheels painted in Cygnus White. Again We can’t help ourselves, we had to mix it up and we think it adds a little class and style to the truck. Factory hub caps finish the wheels and the tires are going to be 33 x 10.50 x 15″ At tires!
This FJ-55 Resto Mod will be cruisen the streets of Chicago very soon!
This beautiful FJ45 has sold and gone to it’s new owner!
Looking to sell your Land Cruiser? List it on the Red Line Land Cruisers classifieds section for free!
If you’re looking for that perfect FJ45 Land Cruiser truck, then look no further. This is the one you’ve been looking for. Only 1,600 miles on a brand new Chevy V8 Ram Jet conversion.. The perfect blend of vintage FJ, comfort, power, and performance.
This FJ45 long bed pickup truck has just finished it’s full restoration and is ready to go to a new home. No expense was spared in the restoration process. All parts used were Toyota OEM parts, many of which are NOS (new old stock).
Full details and pics below. For more information please contact Justin at Red Line Land Cruisers at (719) 210-0101 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chevy Ram Jet 350 Small Block V8 Engine
- 350 Horse Power (HP)
- 350 ft. lbs. of torque
- NV 4500 Series 5-Speed Manual Transmission
- Twin Stick Shifters allow for quick shifting into 2WD High, 2WD Lo, 4WD High or 4WD Lo
- Orion Transfer Case – 4:1 lower range gear
- 70 Series front an rear axels
- Titled as a 1984 HZJ75 (because that’s what the frame is) but the entire body is off a rare, original 1966 Toyota FJ45 Long Bed pickup
- ARB Air Locker in rear
- 4:56 Gears
- Everything completely redone (and we mean everything!)
- Ididit steering column with power steering
- Custom retrofitted snorkel
- Custom Griffin aluminum radiator
- Body and frame were in excellent, rust-free condition before restoration process started
- Corbeau seats are super comfortable
- Dual Spall cooling fans
- 35″ x 12.50 x 17″ BFG Mud Terrain Tires are nearly brand new
- American Racing Black Teflon wheels
- ARB FJ45 Front Bumper with fog lights
- Custom Red Line rear bumper
- Spray in bedliner in the truck bed
- Tuffy locking center console
- Vintage heat and air conditioning (A/C)
- OEM removable hard top
- New OEM weatherstripping on front doors and window gaskets
- Dynamat “Dynadeck” and “Dynapad” installed in the cab. Truck interior is remarkably quiet and the dynamat products also help to keep the heat from the engine out of the cab
- Round Eyes H4 headlights
- New OEM blinker lamps
- New gauge cluster
- Tom Woods drive shafts
- Custom 30 gallon fuel tank
- Fresh high end paint job – custom gray color
- All new wiring throughout
- Custom exhaust
- AGR 4-turn steering box
For more info on this FJ45 please fill out this form:
KEYWORDS: FJ45, FJ55, FJ60, FJ40, LandCruiser, Land Cruiser, LR110, Defender, Land Rover, Range Rover, 4WD, Toyota, Pickup, Mudders, Off-Road, Rig, RedLine, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Looking to sell your Land Cruiser? List it on the Red Line Land Cruisers classifieds section for free!
This custom crafted truck is an all aluminum FJ-45 Extra Cab!This meant another 8″ of cab space. As we all know The FJ-45′ Pick ups lack interior leg room! With all the modern components you can think of while keeping a Classy/Hot Rod/Classic theme, A healthy V8 engine, 5 Speed trans”NV4500″ , A/C and Navagation was installed. This truck was top shelf all the way! A custom aluminum body was crafted with the custom removable hard top. 350 H.P. V8 conversion. 5 speed transmission. Orion Transfercase. Old Man Emu (OME) 2.5″ suspension lift, Powers this hand crafted Cruiser with ease and comfort. Red Line Installed ARB air lockers both front and rear, disc brakes front and rear and a large capacity fuel tank allowing this truck to handle and drive in the safest way. A Power steering conversion was also fitted . Custom leather interior with red stitching, Custom rear mounted Hurricane A/C – Heat conversion was built to keep the inner passenger floor and dash area clean. Red Line installed a Custom Kenwood nav/stereo providing tunes and modern bluetooth/ navigation. Power seats from a 2006 Toyota 4 runner provide comfort and electric adjustments while re wrapped Katskin Leather with red stitching, trims out and matches the custom tan interior. A Custom removable rear bed soft top was Crafted to mimic the early factory Toyota FJ-40 soft tops. We then did the exterior paint with factory Toyota Landcruiser Red Color ” Free born” red paint. The trim color “Cygnus White” was used in contrast with the red to blend the Classy Hot Rod Retro theme. Red Line snag’d up some reproduction early Landcruiser hub caps for the Factory steel wheels. Wrapping the wheels with Toyo MT Open Country 33×10.50×15″ was a perfect choice for us to blend in the Retro feel.