DARCHE ECLIPSE SLIMLINE 2M X 2.5M VEHICLE AWNING
Lets face it, most of us may not be getting out for big multi-day overland adventures…
BUT, DAY TRIPS ARE OFTEN and a little “lunch shade” is AWESOME!
This is the Darche Eclipse 2M X 2.5M Vehicle Awning shown on a vehicle from down-under and measured in meters. For a “mental-visual” refrence for our Land Cruisers, the 6.5-ft wide Darche vehicle awning is plenty of coverage for an FJ40 covering the width from the A-frame of your Forty Series, to the end of the cab. For the 80-Series enthusiast, the Darche Eclipse awning covers from the front of your roof rack down to the center-split of your rear sliding windows. Once we get the Darche Eclipse awning into our shop, we will update the photos to include a Toyota Land Cruiser.
• 6.5 Feet Wide, 8.2 Feet Deep
• The DARCHE Eclipse Pull-out Awnings are designed to be easily and quickly set-up to provide an instant shelter when and where required. • Available in either 2.0m or 2.5m widths, both featuring the new revised compact slimline profile which reduces weight and wind resistance.
• Protection coverage is given by our own unique weave of super tough mould treated 320gsm proofed poly-cotton ripstop canvas, PU coated to give an impressive 1500mm water head.
• Darche also offers a weather resistant transit cover zip and, of course, this awning still features the DARCHE original super flex pivoting hinges which reduce component stress and failure, common to similar pull-out awning versions currently available.
• All DARCHE Eclipse awnings are engineered to perform and last.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
- New Slimline profile design
- New Black anodized aluminum extruded profiles allow secure and space saving pole pack away
- Mould treated 320gsm proofed poly-cotton ripstop canvas
- PU coated 1500mm water head with HF seam sealing tape
- Fabric formulated to maximize UV block out and direct sunlight
- Black anodized aluminum 22mm/25mm twist lock leg poles and rafters
- Specifically formulated polyamide pivoting hinges are highly crack resistant and super flexible, reducing component stress
- Aluminum profiles finished with end caps, ensuring no sharp edges are exposed
- Raw edges are bound with canvas – twin needle stitching ensures strength and reliability
- 1000D PVC transit cover
- Transit cover features a weather resistant No. 10 zip, eliminating zip jam whilst providing robust protection against road grime, dust and the elements
- Mounting brackets, fittings, guy ropes, pegs and instruction manual included
- Optional wall/extensions available
|Open:||2500mm L x 2000mm W x 1900mm H|
|Packed down:||2040mm L x 95mm W x 120mm H|
Established in 1991, DARCHE® has become one of the best-known – and loved – Australian camping and outdoor adventure brands. Today DARCHE® enjoys an iconic Australian status in the camping and 4×4 touring market, but it was from humble beginnings that this brand was conceived. Born of necessity – as many great things are – Darren O’Dwyer, saw a hole in the Australian outdoor market. While he loved nothing more than hitting the road with an old fashioned rollout *swag, he found his sleeping arrangements were not all that appealing to others, namely his wife, Cheryl. While planning a road trip along the east coast, Cheryl declared there was no way she was sleeping in one of those things – the bugs will get in!
Avid campers, the O’Dwyers knew a thing or two about the conditions their swag design would have to endure on their adventure, so with help from his brother Dave, Darren set out to design a shelter that suited the rugged, Australian landscape… and the wildlife that inhabits it.
It had to be tough but comfortable, waterproof yet breathable, quick, practical and easy to stow. It had to provide a fully enclosed shelter with enough space around the skin to protect from bugs and mozzies, and it had to be completely zip sealed to keep the critters and creepy crawlies out – no easy task. Together, the O’Dwyer’s created a canvas shell with zippered doors and windows, and of course – a flexible fiberglass pole, designing Australia’s first dome swag. It was a talking point at many camping spots throughout their journey along the east coast, and remains an icon of the Australian camping scene today.
With a passion for outdoor adventure, It was a natural progression from the original dome swag to an impressive range of roof top tents and awnings. Superior canvas quality being the foundation of long lasting, rugged outdoor gear.
*SWAG – What is it?
A swag is a traditional Australian canvas bad roll with a mattress inside. Basically, it is a large sleeping bag with a built-in mattress. Essentially looking like a small one person tent, these swags zip up the entire way, covering your whole body including your head. Perfect for every season, being waterproof from rain, warm for winter, and bug proof for the hotter months.
Source and read more about “why” the SWAG: https://sightseeingtoursaustralia.com.au/tips-articles/what-is-a-swag/