C4RS 30-ft Kinetic Rope – Recovery Gear
STRONGER, LIGHTER, SAFER!
• EASIER TO USE, MORE PORTABLE, QUIETER, MORE ADAPTABLE!
• MULTI-USE & QUICKER TO USE AS COMPARED TO CHAIN OR WIRE.
• 30% STRETCH FOR KINETIC EXTRACTION & PROTECTION AGAINST SHOCK LOADS.
• LIGHT WEIGHT, LESS THAN 15% THE WEIGHT OF 3/8” GRADE 70 CHAIN.
A kinetic rope is a great tool to assist in off road recoveries. Properly used, the C4RS Kinetic Rope gives 30% stretch to assist when you’re really stuck in sand or mud. The C4RS Kinetic Rope is also valuable as a buffer to static equipment from potential shock loads such as righting a rolled vehicle.
A proper kinetic rope will provide for a safer recovery with less wear & tear on your equipment than using equipment in a dynamic setting that is not designed to stretch. Seek instruction on advanced winching methods.
The C4RS Kinetic Ropes are 30-feet long and are 100% Made in the USA, spliced in-house here in Colorado at C4RS. C4RS Kinetic Ropes are both Berry & TAA compliant, spliced from New England Rope®’s nylon double strand line. The soft eyes are large for ease of use, reinforced with tubular webbing for abrasion, cut resistance and splices are finished with lock stitching by Samson®’s Lash It® for a secure splice set.
The center of each C4RS Kinetic Rope is protected with a length of C4RS tubular abrasion guard & designed to provide additional abrasion & cut resistance in high load & high wear areas. Each rope includes an identifier tag with product identification info, load limits, production date & serial number for lot traceability.
C4RS does not recommend exceeding this safety factor with use of a heavier vehicle.
All sizing is given with a 4:1 safety factor.
SIZING / WEIGHT RECOMMENDATION
7/8″ x 30′
– 24,750 lbs Average Break Strength (ABS) straight line pull.
– Ideal for vehicles 6,185 lbs or less.
1.0″ x 30′
32,750 lbs Average Break Strength (ABS) straight line pull.
Ideal for vehicles 8,185 lbs or less.
1 1/8″ x 30′
43,700 lbs Average Break Strength (ABS) straight line pull.
Ideal for vehicles 10,925 lbs or less.
1 1/4″ x 30′
60,250 lbs Average Break Strength (ABS) straight line pull.
Ideal for vehicles 15,060 lbs or less.
- Made in the USA.
- Berry & TAA compliant.
- Black body on all. Red eyes on 3/4″, 7/8″ & 1.0″
- High 30% stretch for kinetic recoveries.
- Base material is stronger, quieter, lighter, safer, more adaptable, buoyant (floats), quieter, quicker & easier to use than steel cable.
- Tubular webbing on all soft eyes for abrasion & cut resistance.
- Extra large soft eyes for added ease of use.
- Spliced in-house in Colorado. Lock stitched with 650 lb strong Samson Lash It.
- Abrasion resistant base body material.
- All come tagged with serial numbers & load and use specs & other important information.
- Works best on smooth, rounded surfaces.
- Do not place around sharp objects.
- Do not use for lifting or life saving operations.
- Comes with a 2″ wide hook-n-loop wrap.
- Use literature included does not substitute for professional instruction.
- C4RS & Red Line Land Cruisers disclaims any & all liability & responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to person or property that may occur when using any product sold by C4RS or Red Line Land Cruisers.
- Vehicle recovery involves extreme loads & can result in injury & death.
- Seek professional instruction in the proper use of all gear.
- Not for lifting or life saving operations.
- Lifetime limited warranty covers workmanship & materials – does not cover typical wear & tear, abuse, misuse or breakage due to overloading.
- For off road use only.
ALWAYS USE A LINE DAMPER.
When you first attempt to pull a stuck vehicle with the C4RS Kinetic Rope, first perform the standard stuck assessment. Use the C4RS Kinetic Rope as a static tow strap with the stuck vehicle assisting with slight wheel spin – throttle input. If this does not work, wait 1-minute for the line to recoil by backing up the assisting vehicle until the C4RS Kinetic Rope is touching the ground. Then attempt again to the the stuck vehicle using mild acceleration to stretch the C4RS Kinetic Rope. The stuck vehicle should should increase wheel spin speed at the same time, but not overly excessive.
If this does not work, allow time for the C4RS Kinetic Rope to recoil as it does not recoil immediately. Repeat the process with increased effort, but again not excessive and not too quickly. Gradually roll into it and then increase throttle. Too hard too quickly can lead to the failure of the C4RS Kinetic Rope.
C4RS KINETIC ROPE CARE
WHEN TO REPLACE KINETIC ROPE
ABOUT C4RS – CUSTOM 4WD RECOVERY SYSTEMS
C4RS are experts in off road recovery. Custom 4WD Recovery Systems, better known as C4RS (C-Fours), was founded to offer high quality custom & production off road mobility recovery gear & systems, along with top level & hands on mobility & recovery training for military & civilian markets. Our equipment & tactics are based on a lifetime of off road, overland & outdoors experience, our professional military & SOF instruction, along with almost a decade of owning & operating a complete 4 wheel drive outfitter & custom garage.