C4RS 1/2″ Soft Shackle, Standard Length – Recovery Gear
Standard Length And XL Length C4RS 1/2″ Soft Shackles
C4RS – Custom 4WD Recovery Systems 1/2 Soft Shackles – Standard Length are Made in the USA, spliced in-house at C4RS here in Colorado! These 1/2″ Soft Recovery Shackles are both Berry & TAA compliant. Each soft shackle is spliced & tied from Samson®’s AmSteel Blue® Dyneema SK-78 fiber. Soft shackles provide for ease of use & ability to connect to a multitude of locations that a typical metal bow shackle could not such as roll cages, tube bumpers, tube sliders, joining lines & straps, etc. Soft shackles also avoid the issue of metal bow shackles side-loading.
Each soft shackle comes with a slip noose that tightens over a knot to make a closed connection. A tubular abrasion guard is included that is easily removed for replacement or when not desired. A lock stitch is placed near the base of each knot to keep both legs equally weighted as they enter the knot. Each soft shackle comes with a safety tag including a serial number for lot traceability, item specifics & load ratings.
XL Length C4RS 1/2″ Soft Shackles
C4RS soft shackles are well suited for static recovery & rigging. A great way to attach recovery lines or straps together, or to surfaces such as bumpers, sliders, roll cages, rounded recovery points, hitch recovery point inserts, etc., that have rounded edges & no sharp corners. Useful in many instances where a traditional hard shackle will not work. Also great used in general off road vehicle rigging & recovery.
1/2″ = 47,200 lbs ABS.
11,800 lbs WLL.
Typically suitable for mid-weight 4WD vehicles such as built Toyota 4 Runners, built 4 door Jeep Wranglers, etc up to heavier vehicles such as 3/4 and some 1 ton trucks.
- Made in the USA.
- Berry & TAA compliant.
- Available in 7 diameters / strengths from 1,270 lbs (see Baby Soft Shackle listing) to 91,000 lbs strong ABS (average break strength) as well as available in 2-3 lengths per diameter.
- Comes in orange & dark charcoal with a section of loose fit abrasion guard for all sizes except 7/8″. 7/8″ comes in blue.
- Made from Samson®’s Amsteel Blue®, Dyneema SK-78 fiber.
- WLLs (working load limits) calculated at a 4:1 safety factor.
- Standard, X Long (2x length of standard) & 2X Long (3x length of standard). More in depth measurements underway.
- Works best on smooth, rounded surfaces. Avoid sharp & angular edges as well as dynamic (kinetic/snatch) recoveries.
- Incredibly strong for its weight.
- Extremely low stretch @ 3%.
- Easy to inspect.
- Samthane coated for extra abrasion & UV resistance.
- All come tagged with serial numbers, item specifics & load ratings.
- Use literature included does not substitute for professional instruction.
- Red Line Land Cruisers & C4RS disclaims any & all liability & responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to person or property that may occur when using any product sold by Red Line Land Cruisers or C4RS.
- Vehicle recovery involves extreme loads & can result in injury & death. Seek professional instruction in the proper use of all gear.
- Not for lifting or life saving operations.
- Lifetime limited warranty covers workmanship & materials – does not cover typical wear & tear, abuse, misuse or breakage due to overloading.
- For off road use only.
ABOUT C4RS – CUSTOM 4WD RECOVERY SYSTEMS
C4RS are experts in off road recovery. Custom 4WD Recovery Systems, better known as C4RS (C-Fours), was founded to offer high quality custom & production off road mobility recovery gear & systems, along with top level & hands on mobility & recovery training for military & civilian markets. Our equipment & tactics are based on a lifetime of off road, overland & outdoors experience, our professional military & SOF instruction, along with almost a decade of owning & operating a complete 4 wheel drive outfitter & custom garage.