FJ62 Fan Clutch “GREEN” With TEMP MOD
For 1988 – 1990 FJ62 Toyota Land Cruiser
+ OPTIONAL 3-pc V-Belt Set
• 1988 – 1990 FJ62 / 62-Series with A/C
• 1991 – 1992 FJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser (Please see this kit)
3FE FAN CLUTCH For 1988 – 1990 FJ62 Land Cruiser
Help your 1988 – 1990 FJ62 3FE powered Toyota Land Cruiser engine stay cooler and run at the optimal temperature! The 3FE engine in an 62-Series Land Cruiser needs every ounce of maintenance, service and any possible help it can get! The Red Line Land Cruisers “in-house” modified OEM Aisin Fan Clutch is set up to engage at 95 degrees (sooner than stock). We adjust the temperature spring and change the CST Fluid to achieve a long term solution with a higher “lock-up” rate. This is also known as the “Blue Hub Fan Clutch Mod” but this is the GREEN VERSION specifically for the 3FE Toyota engine. This modification is very popular because it correctly matches the fan engagement to the water pump rotation dynamics.
INCLUDES (8) JIS Hardware
OPTIONAL – 3FE FJ62 FAN BELTS (down below).
It’s “hit or miss” these days as we either have them in stock or BACKORDERED FOR 3-4 WEEKS as both the fan clutch or CST fluid is out of stock across the nation.
See our article “Elevation Doesn’t Care! Keeping Land Cruisers Cool” as we know elevation wrecks havoc on our Land Cruiser’s cooling systems especially here in the dry-air of Colorado Springs sitting at 6,200-ft and especially heading up the passes that leads into the glorious Colorado Rockies.
For 1988 – 1990 FJ62 there are two options:
How do I know which to choose?
Like a lot of Toyota’s Land Cruiser manufacturing, the month the vehicle was manufactured can be just as important as the year as Toyota would make running production changes. For the three years of manufacturing of the FJ62 Land Cruiser, there is a specification break or change at August of 1988. You should confirm your build date (month / year) then purchase the appropriate belt. If your build date is 8/1988 then you should search by your VIN number for the V-Belt specifications.
During production from 08.1987 – 08.1988 Toyota used: 88320-60151 Compressor Assy, Cooler
During production from 08.1988 – 01.1990 Toyota used: 88320-60280 Compressor Assy, Cooler
This running change may be the cause Cooler Compressor To Crankshaft Pulley belt change. See [3a] and [3b] options below.
These two belts are standard fitment from 08.1987 – 01.1990:
1] BELT, V (FOR FAN & ALTERNATOR) 90916-02141
2] BELT, V (FOR AIR PUMP) 90916-02193
The third belt, fitment is based on month of build-date (08/1988 is the split month). August 1988 will be Vin Specific.
Belt, V (Cooler Compressor To Crankshaft Pulley)
3a] 99332-11180 / 99332-11180-83 Date Range: 08.1987 – 08.1988
3b] 99332-11175 / 99332-11175-83 Date Range: 08.1988 – 01.1990
In the drop-down option you will see the Belt Kit Options as such:
Belt Kit Option: 08.1987 – 07.1988
Belt Kit Option: 09.1988 – 01.1990
August 1988 FJ62’s MUST RESEARCH VIN NUMBER BEFORE ORDERING!!!
• If you have an August 1988 FJ62, please research your VIN NUMBER for the appropriate v-belt options BEFORE ORDERING!
• WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CHOICE.
• We are simply trying to supply you with the best information possible.
• Your VIN NUMBER is solely your information to choose appropriate parts.
• WE CAN NOT REFUND SHIPMENT FOR YOUR MISTAKE!
• If your FJ62 has non-OEM parts, SIMPLY DO NOT ORDER THE OPTIONAL BELTS!
• Please note: We do not sell single-belts online. If you purchase either of the belt kit options and it’s the wrong fitment, you will need to source another vendor for single belts.
Our other Fan Clutch Mod Fitments:
• 77-87 FJ40 & FJ60 2F Fan Clutch – Red Standard – Toyota Land Cruiser
• 77-87 FJ40 & FJ60 2F Fan Clutch – Black Hot & Heavy – Toyota Land Cruiser
• Modified 95 Degrees Fan Clutch, 80 Series Heavy Duty – 1FZ-FE Blue Hub Fan Clutch Mod
• Modified 95 Degrees Fan Clutch, 80 Series Heavy Duty 1HD-T / 1HZ Specific – Light Blue Hub