FOR SALE: 1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
Location: Vacaville, CA
Photos: View high res photos below
SUPER CLEAN 1977 FJ-40 Land Cruiser. This is a California Smog Legal V-8 conversion that recently passed Smog. This was initially sold in 1977 in Colorado (I have the Original sticker price + Original Owner’s Manual + Original Service Manual + Original green canvas tool kit bag). My Dad purchased the vehicle in 1978 and I purchased it from him in 1992. This FJ-40 has not been restored. However, it has been kept in a garage and is SUPER CLEAN. Every time you drive somewhere you will receive compliments on it.
It has a 5.7L TBI V-8 engine donated from a 1/2 ton 1994 Chevy pick-up. The total mileage on the FJ-40 itself is approximately 55k miles. The total mileage on the 5.7L V-8 is approximately 73k miles. I would’ve loved to have kept the stock 6-cylinder, however, California Smog regulations prevented me from doing so.
You can literally drive this vehicle at 70-75 mph comfortably on the freeway to the trailhead. You can get out of the cab, lock in the hubs, engage the Orion transfer case (4:1) and go wheelin’. Why tow your rig to the trailhead when you can simply drive there? You can also haul the family around in comfort.
– 700R4 heavy duty automatic transmission + transmission cooler + Lokar shifter
– Vintage Air Conditioning
– Front + Rear disc brakes
– ARB Air Lockers Front + Rear
– On-Board shower
– Warn 8274 winch
– Custom fabricated front bumper
– Custom fabricated rear bumper + Swing-away spare tire rack + swing-away jerry can / cooler holder
– Rear bench seat from Jeep YJ (I still have the stock rear jump seats as well). I had the rear bench seat installed in order to transport my kids. The rear bench seat is child-seat friendly with top-tether anchors and it has LATCH.
– Tuffy center console with Ranger CB + 8′ whip antenna
– Tuffy rear wheel well storage boxes
– Pioneer CD / MP-3 player
– Auto-Meter gauges (fuel + transmission temp + water temp + oil + tachometer)
– Check Engine light mounted on dash
– Tinted windows
– Griffin aluminum radiator
– K&N Air Filter
– Orion 4:1 transfer case + billet shifter knobs
– 34 gallon custom fuel tank
– Weld Mountain Crusher 15″x8″ wheels
– BFG A/Ts (35s)
– The entire tub has been sprayed with Line-X
(and the Tuffy storage boxes as well)
– HID Headlamps
– HID PIAA Fog Lamps
– Refurbished headliner
– Rack above windshield for storage