SOLD: 1989 62-Series Toyota Land Cruiser – Red Line Land Cruisers
This 1989 62-Series Toyota Land Cruiser has been owned by one of our employee’s. He is the second owner for the past 8-years, so we can vouch for the following info. This rig has good bones and could be a great LS-Swap project.
– 190K on the odometer with clear title (not salvaged).
– 2” Terrain Tamer lift kit already installed. We did a demo on my truck with the Terrain Tamer
brand kit and it is equal to Old Man Emu, in my humble opinion.
– Upgraded brake system to include dual diaphragm brake booster, 1” bore master cylinder,
rear disc brakes, and proportioning valve. Front brakes have drilled and slotted rotors with
ceramic brake pads. Note, front and rear brake services are due but vehicle currently stops
– Newer main drive V-belt installed for alternator, smog pump, and power steering
– Aluminum 4 row radiator that leaks slightly. Rebuilt OEM radiator is included but hasn’t been
– ARB air compressor already installed in engine bay and wired to switch on center console.
Air lockers are not installed.
– New Maxxis RAZR M/T 33×10.50 tires with less than 4,000 miles on them.
– 1 year old OEM Toyota battery with plenty of warranty left.
– Only two rust spots on truck. One on the rear tailgate and one on the lower driver door (see
– Frame is in great shape with limited rust. Rear spare tire carrier is not seized up.
– Interior is in pretty decent shape. Drivers set has some upholstery damage as usual with Land Cruisers.
Passenger seat and rear seat upholstery do not have fabric damage and have some minor
staining. Rear tailgate panel carpet is in decent condition but still attached to old press-board
panel which has damage to the mounting holes and one corner broken.
– Installed 4Runner factory and amplifier with auxiliary input jack located in lower storage
compartment below stereo. Sirius XM receiver and antenna already installed.
– OEM non-US Koito headlight set. Bulbs not included and headlights are not currently
– Used snake blinder parts (chrome body trim) included. Not installed and probably not a
– Good condition plastic clam shell for steering column included but not installed. Current one
was broken when someone tried to steal the truck from my apartment complex.
– Smittybilt 12K winch installed with wireless remote, synthetic line, and Factor 55 Prolink
thimble. Simple ¼” plate winch box installed on front frame horns.
– Rear main seal leaks like crazy. It didn’t start leaking that bad until the last few months before
I stopped driving it. I also checked the oil level daily and topped off before a half quart low at
– Some hail damage. It actually got hit twice as soon as I started driving it about 8 years ago.
The hood, roof, and one side of truck took damage. It is repairable by paint-less dent repair,
but I never took the steps to get it done.
– Factory paint job is obviously in rough condition. The clear-coat is gone on the majority of
the truck, but it has never been resprayed and has 2 rust spots as mentioned above.
Considering the hail and factory paint fading, this truck has really good bones.
– It’s time for a tune-up and a valve job. It’s not that expensive, especially if you are
experienced with F-Series engines.
– No emergency/parking brake since rear disc brakes are installed. There are options out
there but currently it’s not operational.
– Stock transmission shifter handle is broken at the top. The stalk and button to unlock the
shifter are still in perfect working order. This also happened when the attempt was made to
steal the vehicle from my home.
Serious Inquiries Only. Viewing By Appointment Only!
This 62-Series is at our shop, so please respect the fact that our employee is working and we are not making money on this rig.
We will list the vehicle as “SOLD!” when it sells! So don’t call and ask, “Is it still available?” as your only question.
Red Line Land Cruisers
1050 Ford St., Colorado Springs, Colorado 80915-2909
Because the rig had a full coverage roof rack on at the time of hail storm, very little damage was done to the roof.
Most of the hail damage is on the hood / fenders.
Thank you for checking out this 1989 62-Series Toyota Land Cruiser!