FOR SALE: 1987 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60
This completely stock 60 series Land Cruiser has spent it’s life in Texas in the Houston and San Antonio areas. It runs great and is being used as a daily driver.
- 200+ photos below, view/download high res photos here (part 1) and here (part 2) and here (part 3)
- 216,000 original miles (has had factory tires and suspension its entire life, so the speedo is accurate)
- VIN: JT3FJ60G8H1136023
- Clean Colorado Title
- Located in Monument, Colorado (just north of Colorado Springs)
- View a test drive video here
PHOTO SLIDESHOW:[metaslider id=12298 percentwidth=100]
- Two toned silver color – not sure if this is a factory two tone, but the paint job is so good on the darker tone, that it’s really hard to tell
- Original paint
- Body is very clean and straight
- Interior is all original and unlike most of the FJ60s out there, it has no tears in any of the seats including the problematic left side of the driver’s seat
- Newer Kenwood radio with AM/FM/USB/Line In/Pandora; newer speakers in front
- New front windshield
- New plugs and wires, carb rebuilt, new water pump, new radiator, new air and fuel filters, new shocks and bushings, rebuilt smog pump, and new shocks
- A/C blows cold
- New window tinting (which is tight and looks great)
- Little things like the fact that the center hubs in the back that say “Toyota” are in Mint condition with no fading of the paint
- Power steering in excellent working order (most FJ60s need the steering pump rebuilt)
- Runs 70 miles per hour down the interstate.
- The only rust spots are near the lower part of the passenger door on the fender and a couple other small spots that are superficial. Makes for a great candidate for a full restoration or to drive as-is.
- Rear bumper has lost some of the chrome on the top part, but is still very straight. New Toyota bumpers are still available through Toyota and throughout eBay.
- Has a small crack on the top of the dash smaller than a dime and a few pin holes near a couple of the vents; all things considered the dash is an 8/10 as most of the factory dashes have giant splits in them. You can always purchase a dash cover, as well.
- Driver seat is dirty; a professional upholstery cleaning should resolve this
- Rear speakers are now hooked up properly. Not sure if they’re blown or simply just not hooked up right.
- Door panels are a 6/10. They have some fading and cracking of the vinyl material. You can still find good used ones for around $100 a piece and they’re easy to install.
- Original leaf springs are flat (as are most FJ60s). Replacement leaf springs or lift kits readily available.
- Needs an alignment; the steering wheel is a bit off center when you drive it straight down the road
- Choke light burned out ($5 light bulb)
- One of the previous owners must have installed something on the dash, because there are four holes left of the glove box. A talented auto detailer could repair this and touch it up.