FOR SALE: 1962 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 Factory Soft Top – $17,000 OBO
(See photos below)
History as we know…
This FJ-40 was bought purchased new in Bolder, Colorado. It was used and lived at the Eldora Mines Ski Area.
This rare cruiser had a hand-crafted hard top, which ended up saving the truck form a rusty death.
When we picked it up, it barely ran and was running on 3 cylinders. Nothing worked at that time…no lights, blinkers, the transfer case was blown up, the shifter was broken, the cooling system was in need of repair and the alternator was installed improperly.
Here is what Red Line Land Cruisers did to get this to running / driving status:
- Fixed the alternator wiring and mounting position
- Fixed the radiator and cooling system
- Toyota coil and wires. new plugs
- Re-timed the dizzy
- Reset the dizzy for proper ignition timing
- Adjusted the valves
- Proper oil change, Brad Penn 10w40 oil
- New OEM oil filter
- Fixed the trans shifter linkages
- Fixed the steering column pivot assembly
- Fixed the wiring to get all the lights and blinkers working
- New rear OEM TOYOTA 1962 tail lights
- Fabricated reproduction tail light brackets
- Kioto headlights
- Full t-case rebuild with proper bearings, seals and new High/low main
shaft bushings with proper oil clearance
- Changed all oils, rear axle, front axle, trans, and t-case
- Greased all joints in steering and drive-shafts
- Fixed Front Selectro lock out hubs with OEM period correct bolts and
- Cleaned out front and rear axle breathers\
What is awesome about this cruiser? Glad you asked!
- Has all the 23mm OEM period correct early style lug nuts
- Has Original “Green” starter, original dizzy, and all drive-train,
- “Darth Vader” interior light. OEM period correct.
- “Big Window” SD-40 1BBL carb; untouched
- FJ25 vintage cluster; speedo works and oil pressure light
works. Fuel and water do not. All lights work.
- Engine has good compression due to the fact it starts in 1 second with
out pumping the gas or pulling the choke
- Trans and t-case are a 2 year only build from the TOYOTA line
- Last year of the centered rear axle
- Rare double sided front blinkers
Here is your chance to own one of the rarer FJ40s out there. A classic Colorado beauty ready for a new home!