Mining Operation turned Ski Resort, Rescued 1962 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
(See more photos & video below)
Are you looking for a rare gem of a Toyota Land Cruiser?
FOR SALE: 1962 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 Factory Soft Top – $17,000
History as we know it… This rare 1962 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser was purchased new from the Toyota dealership in Boulder, Colorado. At some point in it’s life, it became a true work-truck at the Eldora Mines Ski Area. The hand-crafted hard top is what actually saved this Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser form a rusty death. When we picked up the 1962 FJ40, it barely ran, running only on 3-cylinders.
Nothing on this poor old rig worked at that time; no lights, blinkers, the transfer case was blown up, the shifter was broken. The cooling system was in need of repair and the alternator was installed improperly. We had our work cut out for us, but with this much cool Colorado history, we rolled up our sleeve and was committed to bringing it back to life! “SAVE THE F-SERIES!” Right?!
Here is what Red Line Land Cruisers did to get this to running / driving status:
- Fixed the alternator wiring and mounting position
- Fixed the radiator and cooling system
- Toyota coil and wires. new plugs
- Re-timed the dizzy
- Reset the dizzy for proper ignition timing
- Adjusted the valves
- Proper oil change, Brad Penn 10w40 oil
- New OEM oil filter
- Fixed the trans shifter linkages
- Fixed the steering column pivot assembly
- Fixed the wiring to get all the lights and blinkers working
- New rear OEM TOYOTA 1962 tail lights
- Fabricated reproduction tail light brackets
- Kioto headlights
- Full t-case rebuild with proper bearings, seals and new High/low main
shaft bushings with proper oil clearance
- Changed all oils, rear axle, front axle, trans, and t-case
- Greased all joints in steering and drive-shafts
- Fixed Front Selectro lock out hubs with OEM period correct bolts and
- Cleaned out front and rear axle breathers
What is awesome about this cruiser? Glad you asked!
- Has all the 23mm OEM period correct early style lug nuts
- Has Original “Green” starter, original dizzy, and all drive-train,
- “Darth Vader” interior light. OEM period correct.
- “Big Window” SD-40 1BBL carb; untouched
- FJ25 vintage cluster; speedo works and oil pressure light
works. Fuel and water do not. All lights work.
- Engine has good compression due to the fact it starts in 1 second with
out pumping the gas or pulling the choke
- Trans and t-case are a 2 year only build from the TOYOTA line
- Last year of the centered rear axle
- Rare double sided front blinkers
Here is your chance to own one of the rarer FJ40′ Land Cruisers out there. A classic Colorado beauty ready for a new home! Give us a call for serious inquires only: (719) 638-2003
Red Line Land Cruisers
1050 Ford Street
Colorado Springs, Colorado