If you’re looking to repair, install or troubleshoot your original Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40, FJ45, or FJ55 AM Radio, below is a document you can either print out or view online that provides directions for any Panasonic, Fujitsu 10 (Ten Audio), or Matsushita radio. The manual says it’s for a Toyota Carina, but we’re almost positive this is the exact same radio that goes in an FJ40.
TIP: use the “full screen” button in the bottom right corner for better viewing and printing.
FJ40 OEM AM Radio Wiring Schematic and Manual
Photofact With Circuitrace – Toyota Model 86120-20090 – Includes parts list and description.
Asking Price was $4,500 (as of 10/15/14)
List your FJ on the Red Line Land Cruisers Classifieds for Free!
- Colorado-based FJ (always buy FJs from dry states like Colorado!)
- The current presentation is a bit rough, but this is a great candidate for a full-blown restoration as it is completely original! An aluminum 3/4 tub from Aqualu (Part #4005 – $3,300+$800 shipping from Canada) and a better hard top ($1,000)
- Original F engine (straight six) runs strong
- Recently tuned up
- New brake master cylinder
- All original
- Odometer reads 92,000 miles (not sure if this is original or not)
- Includes hard top (not installed)
- Front seats have newer upholstery
- Three speed on the floor
- 4WD works great
List your FJ on the Red Line Land Cruisers Classifieds for Free!
1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 For Sale – Meticulous Resto-Mod Restoration and more than $100k spent with receipts to prove it!
SOLD at Barrett Jackson auction!
This stunning 1977 FJ40 was originally purchased at a Barrett-Jackson auction and the new owner had Red Line Land Cruisers of Colorado Springs work to restore and tastefully modify this FJ. A frame-off restoration was performed BEFORE the added modifications/new restoration was completed, so this Cruiser has been restored twice-over to meet the exacting specifications of the new owner.
If you’re looking for a dependable, completely restored, show-quality, rugged and dependable Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 that can conquer any trail or terrain, this is the one! No sacrifices were made during the restoration and crafting of this beautiful, head-turning rig!
Some of the key features of this FJ40 include the completely rebuilt 2F engine with electronic fuel injection and a brand new Toyota 5-speed manual transmission (H55). This go-anywhere, do-anything, classic FJ40 has tasteful upgrades while remaining very original. For those of you in humid climates concerned about rust, this is a perfect choice for you for two reasons: 1) The body was in pristine, rust-free condition before the restoration was started and 2) The LineX paint job, both inside and out, ensures an air-tight bond against the metal, which will give you confidence that your Land Cruiser will remain rust-free for decades to come, no matter what you throw at it or how humid the climate!
View/download 100+ super high-res pics
Key features and benefits:
- VIN # FJ40247567, clear Texas title
- 57,000 miles (it is unknown if these were original miles or not. Either way, the engine was completely rebuilt and it has a brand new transfer case and transmission…so it’s like new!)
- EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) on the original 2F Toyota straight six engine
- 2f H55 5-speed transmission
- New split transfer case allows you to drive in 4-Low, 4-High, 2-Low, or 2-High (unlimited options for facing any variety of trails or circumstances)
- Custom fiberglass sound system mounted to family roll cage with alpine marine waterproof controller and focal speakers installed by the pros at Car Toys (you can literally run this rig in the water and drench the speakers, subwoofer, and radio and it can take the water just like any boat stereo system can)
- Waterproof Tuffy center console with built-in subwoofer keeps all your valuables protected and dry, even if fully submerged in water during a river or lake crossing
- This FJ was crafted to basically go into any river, allow for water to fill the cabin and then quickly drain and dry out
- Line-X paint job interior and exterior – tastefully painted yet rough, rugged, and resilient
- Vintage Air A/C blows extremely cold
- Custom VisionX LED lights front and back provide unparalleled light on the road and allow for maximum visibility
- VisionX LED rock lights provide lighting of the trail at night and allow your spotters to see the trails clearly at night
- Warn M8274 winch is time-period correct and is a complete winching freak of nature. This winch will pull at 7 feet per second and is the most reliable and time-tested winch of all time.
- Frame was prepped and finished with POR15 paint, which is the best choice for the frame as it’s easy to touch up for years to come and provides the best level of protection against rust
- KMC Beadlock wheels
- Upgraded brakes with larger pads to ensure firm braking on larger wheels. Disc brakes both front and rear.
- Custom rear bumper by Red Line Land Cruisers
- ARB front bumper
- ARB on-board air compressor allows for airing up or down your tires from the comfort of the cabin
- ARB front and rear air lockers give you ridiculous grip and torque. You’ll be confident hitting any trail, mudhole, or stream with this set up!
- Custom family roll cage from Red Line Land Cruisers keeps your entire family safe and secure on the trails
- Factory rear “long” jump seats professionally reupholstered and fold up for storage
- Best Top reclining front bucket seats are super comfy and provide plenty of leg room for those extended trips
- Seat belts for six people (2 in the front, 4 in the back)
- Extended range 26-gallon aluminum gas tank from Man-a-Fre let’s you get deep into the back country
- Custom rock sliders from Red Line Land Cruisers protect the undercarriage and body from damage on tough trails
- Led control switch panel
- Fj40dash.com indestructible dash
- CO2 Air Tank (located on the tire swing out) acts as a backup in case the on-board air compressor fails (you Doomsday Preppers looking for a bug-out vehicle will appreciate this one!)
- Jerry can holder for carrying extra fuel or water
- Swing-able spare tire rack swings smooth and easy and provides quick access for passengers to enter through the LandCruiser ambulance doors
- Removable Marine carpet with sound insulation throughout cabin means you can actually enjoy a conversation while driving and your Cruiser will remain cool or warm with the added insulation. Marine carpet ensures those river crossings won’t be an issue as it dries fast and provides quick drainage and easy clean-up.
- 3-row aluminum radiator
- New RV camshaft with new lifters and valve springs
- Has not been offroaded – this rig was restored and has been babied and garaged ever since (take a look at the other vintage cars in the owner’s garage and you’ll get a sense of the quality and investment in this rig). It’s ready to rock the trails by a new owner!
- Iron Man 2″ lift and 33×12.50×17 Toyo mud tires gives you plenty of clearance and traction for the toughest trails out there!
- Greasable shackles and pins provide a smooth ride
- LineX spray in headliner – never have a sagging headliner again!
- Floor pans were completely taken down and reinforced to ensure a solid floorpan for decades to come (see restoration pics below)
- Long story short: This FJ-40 lacks nothing and needs nothing…except a new owner to appreciate it and hit the trails anywhere on the Earth!
PICTURES OF THE FJ IN ITS CURRENT, COMPLETELY RESTORED CONDITION
(more pics of the restoration process and how it looked after being purchased from Barrett-Jackson below)
Click on any photo to enlarge
Dubed Project “Cobb’s Pig” is a 1978 Resto Mod Toyota Landcruiser that is in the process of getting “Red Line Resto Modded”. This little FJ-55 was in died need of some TLC. We have used 3 FJ-55’s to get this Pig in a final Resto quality stage. As most cruiser heads know the 1978 and 1979 FJ-55’s are very hard to find. Red Line Performed A 350 H.P. 5.3L LS series V8 mated to a 4L60E, Conversion. The Toyota 4 speed transfer case was stripped down bead blasted and clear coated before we rebuilt the unit! Red line is keeping open Diff’s and 4:10 gears in the axles. All components including the frame, axles and other items have been powder coated for longevity! All new window gaskets and weatherstripping has been installed for the doors, tailgate and windows.
For the interior we line-x’d the underside and inside of the cab for extra rust and noise protection. On top of the Line-x we installed Dynamat extreme. This ensures a better noise reduction inside during operation, not only did the floor get this treatment, but we installed dynamite extreme inside all the doors, tailgate, firewall, rear 1/4 panels and even the roof! She is sure to be nice and quiet! A new headliner, custom carpet, custom door panels and refurbished factory bench seats will keep this FJ55 Resto Mod in an original feel!
For the heat and A/C conversion we used a unit we have not tried yet. So far we think its perfect for the FJ-55 series. It tucked really nice into the inner firewall are under the glove box. We then used electric controls set into a custom vent panel we crafted to keep an original feel inside, both visual and functional! So far Red Line has refurbished all the gauges, and dash components to a factory setting as well as a very rare FJ-55 AM TEN dealer installed Radio!
For the exterior we chose Factory Cygnus white and Sky Blue for the paint. We know the white is supposed to be Lilly White, but we just can’t help ourselves with the classy Cygnus White.
The wheels are Factory OEM Disc brake wheels painted in Cygnus White. Again We can’t help ourselves, we had to mix it up and we think it adds a little class and style to the truck. Factory hub caps finish the wheels and the tires are going to be 33 x 10.50 x 15″ At tires!
This FJ-55 Resto Mod will be cruisen the streets of Chicago very soon!
Red Line has acquired a very rare 1959 FJ-25. Its Titled as a 1960 FJ-25. So “Mildred’s” story begins with its Original owner buying this beast for his ranch in Colorado in 1960. It then served his ranch until 1975. It was parked in 1975 outside in the weather, taking a beating from wind, rain, snow, high mountain sun, ice storms, and the heat. We were very curios as to why it was parked in 1975. Upon us toying around with getting her to run for the first time since 1975, we had to clean out the fuel tank, find a rare OEM Big window 1bbl carb, witch we did! We bought all new Toyota wires, plugs, cap, rotor, fuel filter and oil filter. As we have had time we have replaced the oil, un sized the motor, cleaned the OEM green painted DIZZY, resetting the timing, adding zinc oil additive and re-priming the numbers matching motor, we fired it up!
Acorns, mouse droppings and Colorado ranch field debris flew out of the old rusty tail pipe, smoke filled the room in a hurry! With excitement running in my veins I know knew why she was parked…A slight rod knock. That noise filled my ears with the answer I was looking for, with a little disappointment. As I had these two different feelings going threw my blood, I knew I was lucky. Luck that without that rod knock I may not even have had the chance to stumble upon this rare, early 25 Series. Yep, I said I’m happy, happy to even have the chance to slowly restore this old girl to it’s original glory. FJ-25 series are the first land cruisers brought into the USA and are the predecessors to the well known popular 40 Series.
These Pics below are from when we first got her to replacing the carb! More to come as time goes on. I do know that finding this truck might also help other FJ-25 owners with part locations and pieces!. I am also working on a video of us getting her to run! Enjoy