FOR SALE FROM A RED LINE CUSTOMER: 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60
- 255k miles
- Location: Monument, Colorado
- VIN: JT3FJ60G4E11077713
- 1 Owner up until 2016
- Daily Driver
- See 100+ pics below
- To inquire about this Cruiser email Chris at SigfridsAndSons@gmail.com or text 970.227.9494
This 1984 FJ60 was owned by the same older gentleman in the Washington State area up until 2016 when it was sold to the 2nd owner, who took it to Texas and then to Colorado. This Cruiser has been a daily driver for the past few years. Loads of paperwork from the original owner (see photos below) documenting the service history going back into the early 90s.
- New windshield
- Valve cover adjustment and valve cover replaced 300 miles ago
- New fuel filter, plugs, and cap and rotor
- New OEM orange front side marker light assemblies
- New shifter knob
- Yakima cross bars
- Rear 2″ hitch receiver for towing or a bike rack
- Shifts smooth and runs and drives straight down the road, easily going 70mph on the flats
- All original with hard to find features like original mud flaps (all four), sun visors in good shape, rear center wheel “T” caps, front seat belt receivers that are floppy, and original tool roll
- Daily driver/commuter car – just did a 300 mile round trip into the mountains with no issues
- It does have rust, but it’s better than most. Some in the rear wheel wells, rear tail gate, and by the rear mud flaps
- Original headliner in very good condition
- Carpet is good
- 4WD works great, high and low
- Sound system and speakers sound good. AM/FM/CD with line in jack
- Carburetor will need a rebuild; when you drive it for a while and park to go into a store for like 5 minutes and then come back to start it up, you have to choke it and put the pedal to the floor to start it. It’s no big deal when you know the quirk, but a carb rebuilt and adjustment will help resolve this.
- Recommend having the intake manifold machined and the gasket replaced in the near future. Won’t keep you from driving it now, but you can hear the exhaust leak when you drive.
- Power steering leaks. I haven’t had to top of the fluid very regularly and the power steering still works great, but it does have a leak (which is pretty typical)
- Light bulbs behind the tach and speedo are out
- Dash has a crack. You can get a brand new dash cap from Cruiser Corps for $135
- Center console hinge is jerry-rigged. A good used hinge will fix that. Cup holder is there but needs to be reattached.
- The fan on high speed will cause the circuit breaker in the fuse box to go off. I think this is just a small gizmo that needs to be replaced.
- The intermittent wiper feature works…intermittently. Low speed and high speed work just fine.
- A/C was recharged by previous owner but the refrigerant slowly leaks out. I have not recharged it.
- Windshield washer reservoir is cracked; brand new one available from TOYOTA for $120..
- Headlight washer reservoir is cracked (pretty common)
All in all, this is a solid Cruiser and would be a great daily driver. If you need a shipping quote, we recommend Summit Auto Transport. You can get a free quote on their homepage, SummitAutoTransport.com. The zip code this Cruiser is at is 80132..
To inquire about this Land Cruiser please email Chris at SigfridsAndSons@gmail.com or text 970.227.9494