FOR SALE: 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62
This Colorado FJ62 needs some work, but is still mostly original and is priced to move.
- 200+ photos below, view/download high res photos here (part 1) and here (part 2)
- 205.000 miles
- VIN: JT3FJ62G0K1108348
- Clean Colorado Title
- Located in Monument, Colorado (just north of Colorado Springs)
- To inquire about this Land Cruiser call or text Chris at (970) 227-9494 or use the webform below to email Chris. If you cannot see the webform, you can use the simple web form here.
- 205,000 miles on original motor, which is in good running order
- 35 x 12.5 x r15 tires with about 25% treadlife
- Original dash is not cracked and in very good shape
- On board air compressor (hooked up to air conditioning system, press the A/C button in the cab to operate)
- Original upholstery
- New tail pipe
- Body is in pretty good condition, all things considered. It does have the rhino liner around the bottom, but underneath seems to be pretty solid with the exception of a couple spots.
- Larger tires were added about 10 months ago. Prior to that the stock tires were on it for the majority of its life.
- Transmission is missing 1st gear. Drove it from Denver to Colorado Springs (60 miles) by shifting to “1”, which starts it in second gear, then shifting to “D” at about 25mph. The A/T Oil Temp light came on towards the end of the trip. It will need a used transmission (one available from Red Line) or you can do a 5 speed transmission swap.
- Interior is a 5/10 with the exception of the dash, which is a 9/10. It would be a 10/10 if it weren’t for the small little piece by the speaker box. Front carpet is original and in good shape. Mid carpet section has been replaced and looks pretty good. Rear cargo carpet is pretty soiled. Seats are dirty and really not too bad, less the driver’s bottom seat. Headliner is in good shape. The interior could be made to be pretty nice again with a bit of work and some good used parts.
- Rear cargo windows are not glass. Someone replaced them with plexiglass. Didn’t realize this until I went to wash the car and dry the car off.
- Missing front bumper (looks like a tow bar was hooked up at one point)
- Rear bumper and drivers rear panel dented
- Brakes a bit soft…but it could just be because of those bigger tires
- Some rust here and there, but nothing major
- One of the shocks is broken off
- It has a spring over lift, but it’s nothing great and it really needs to be redone properly or converted back to the original suspension set up