1978 FJ45 Resto Mod With Custom Extended Cab – Red Line Land Cruisers
This is a truly one of a kind custom build! Created from the ground up, this FJ45 was custom fabricated by Red Line Land Cruisers six years ago and since then has been garage kept and driven only 4,500 miles. Over $140,000 invested into the build! View 300+ photos below.
- 1978 FJ45 w/6” stretched cab – The cab is 6” longer than a factory FJ45 allowing for more leg room, more comfortable seats, and better electronics storage
- Ram Jet 350 V8 mated to a NV4500 5-Speed transmission with a Orion Transfer Case with Twin Stick
- Full custom frame-off build created from the ground up.
- Freeborn Red paint Code #303
- Front and Read ARB Air Diff Lockers
- 3M Rubber coating on the underside
- Restoration completed in 2014
- Four wheel disc brakes
- Custom Aqualu aluminum body, cab, bed, fenders, running boards
- Steel factory FJ40 doors, bib, hood, and bezel
- Fiberglass top
- Old Man Emu 2” Lift
- FJ40 Axles fully rebuilt
- Custom Tom Woods driveshafts
- Brand new Aqualu-frame, fully customized
- Custom aluminum radiator with dual Spal fans
- Interior sports late model 4Runner power seats, custom center console,
- Old Air Products Hurricane A/C System; the same one used in the ICON vehicles
- Grant wood grain steering wheel
- Classy Auto Meter custom auto gauges
- Fold and tumble bench seat in the bed of the truck
- Custom Soft Top built replicate the old styling cues from the original 40 series soft top. Sides and back roll up. Made from Sunbrella material.
- Spray in bed liner
- Genuine leather seats, headliner, center console with red stitching
- Custom interior lighting
- Kenwood touchscreen Nav audio system
- Storage behind seats
This was literally built to be a ranch truck to drive around the Colorado ranch, around town, to have fun with the owners kids and grandkids. Classy good looking truck you can drive comfortably. Not off loaded but certainly off-road capable. Garage kept and pampered it’s whole life. Driven on nice days with the grandkids in the back.
1978 FJ45 Resto Mod With Custom Extended Cab
See all of our FJ40 Parts here: