Slinky 80 Series LHD Front Adjustable Panhard Rod
A must when lifting your 80 series more than 2″ . Allows for accurate 4 wheel alignment
- OE style bushings for reduced noise and more flex
- Double locking jam nuts
- Fine thread adjusting construction for high accurate adjusting, down to 1/16″ of an inch!
- Zink coating, rust preventative
- Panhard allows for accurate steering drag link ” full steering left to right” adjustments
- Fits 1991-1997 80 series Left Hand Drive Cruisers
INSTRUCTIONS to Remove and replace pan-hard rod
- Remove tires and put jack stands under axle at same height on each side. Set steering wheel straight.
- With a 22mm wrench remove bolt on axle side and remove bolt/nut on frame side. Clean bolts with wire wheel. Apply anti-seize to bolts for re-install
- Measure the distance from the frame to the axle< using a straight edge on the base of the rotor and tape measure to spring bucket point you can reference off of on both sides.
- Adjust pan-hard to get an equal measurement on both sides. Removing frame side end to adjust and re-install to measure. Note that when you add length to the rod the steering drag link will move the steering knuckles. be quick to re set the steering straight each time you make an adjustment.
- Once the axle is equal on both sides, loosen the drag link collar locks, remove the steering stabilizer mount on the drover side tie rod end.
- Adjust the drag link with a pipe wrench. Turning the drag link will re center the steering wheel back to center if you have a buddy watching the wheel, this is much easier!
- Re-clamp drag link collar lock and re-install stabilizer end to tie rod.
- Lock down pan hard jam nuts as tight as you can
- Re-install tires and T.Q. lug nuts to your specified wheel T.Q.
ADJUSTMENT NOTE: Pre adjust the pan-hard rod to 31.25″ Center to center, using our Slinky 75mm lift kit, intermediate springs. This will get you in a good range to start from!
Torque specs for install
Stabilizer tie rod end nut T.Q. Spec 65 ft.lbs
Drag link colar nuts T.Q. Spec 45 ft.lbs.
Front Frame Bolt T.Q. Spec 130 ft.lbs.
Front Axle Bolt T.Q. Spec 181 ft.lbs.
- 22mm wrench/socket-1/2 drive
- 1/2″ drive T.Q. wrench
- Pipe wrench
- 17mm wrench
- 19mm wrench
- 14mm wrench
- Round punch
- 2 Heavy duty jack stands
- Floor jack
- Tire/wheel removal tools
- 1 5/8″ open end wrench, can use large crescent wrench
- 12-24″ straight edge
- Tape measure