Slinky 80 Series Rear Adjustable Panhard Rod
A must when lifting your 80 series more than 2″ . Allows for accurate 4 wheel alignment
- OE style bushings for reduced noise and more flex
- Double locking jam nuts
- Fine thread adjusting construction for high accurate adjusting, down to 1/16″ of an inch!
- Zink coating, rust preventative
- Powder coated Black
INSTRUCTIONS to Remove and replace pan-hard rod
- Remove tires and put jack stands under axle at same height on each side. Set steering wheel straight.
- With a 22mm wrench remove bolt on axle side and remove bolt/nut on frame side. Clean bolts with wire wheel. Apply anti-seize to bolts for re-install
- Measure the distance from the frame to the axle< using a straight edge on the base of the rotor and tape measure to frame point you can reference off of on both sides.
- Adjust pan-hard to get an equal measurement on both sides. Removing frame side end to adjust and re-install to measure.
- Once the axle is equal on both side, lock down pan hard jam nuts as tight as you can, Note puching on the body will allow you install the frame side bolt easier. Have a buddy help you with this!
- Re-install tires and T.Q. lug nuts to your specified wheel T.Q.
ADJUSTMENT NOTE: Pre adjust the pan-hard rod to 41.25″ Center to center, using our Slinky 75mm lift kit, intermediate springs and 150 lbs of weight. This will get you in a good range to start!
Torque specs for install
Front Frame Bolt T.Q. Spec 130 ft.lbs.
Front Axle Bolt T.Q. Spec 181 ft.lbs.
- 1/2″ drive T.Q. wrench
- Round punch
- 2 Heavy duty jack stands
- Floor jack
- Tire/wheel removal tools
- 1 13/16″ open end wrench, can use large crescent wrench
- 12-24″ straight edge
- Tape measure
- 22mm wrench/ socket
- 24mm wrench/ socket